Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Double click on drive letters open windows search

Following was a question from one of the community users to me

qns abt right click options!!whenever i click or double click on any of my hdd drive. it starts searching?? instead of opening the drive...what should i do??the first option i get when i right click on a drive is of "autoplay" and the second one is "search" and after this i get the normal option such as open etc!!plz help me to get rid of this..thanks

Answer:

There are few fixes for this following are those
1. Using REgEDITnavigate to HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Directory\shell

on your right hand side there should be only one key (Default) please change its value to none

then goto HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Drive\shellhere check that (Default) should be having value none

restart computer

2. Second fix is regsvr32 /i shell32.dll

please try one fix at one time. Let me know if this helps else I will post reg key fix on a ftp site for you.

His reply:

no rajan!!it didnt work!!

Answer:

So you are saying that if you run the following command from run box

regsvr32 /i shell32.dll

does it shows that DLL got registestered successfully ? And still it does not work?

I ran into the same few times but every time if registry modification didnt work then registring DLL always do the trick...

Will see if I could find something else

No comments: